Saturday 28 May 2011

Eeebie-jeebies

So my current crochet project is a little doll. I want to improve on my previous effort and make a doll with a separate head. I also have a stash of various-sized safety eyes from the charity shop and want to give her big eyes, as I think it might look better.

This is where I am up to.

Crochet doll head

I think she'll work out ok, but she does give me the eeebie-jeebies in her disembodied state!

Also must share with you a great idea. Her head is jointed to the body using a safety eye! It works like a dream and no fiddly sewing together.

Crochet doll head
Crochet doll head

I cannot take credit as I borrowed the idea from Beth at By Hook, By Hand.- Do check out her website, she makes the most amazing crochet dolls and there are patterns and tutorials a-plenty for anyone interested.

Anyhoo, must eat dinner, drink wine and try to get a move on with this doll.(if I can tear myself away from reading everyone's recent posts.)

BTW, thanks to my new followers for being interested in me - it truly makes my day!
X

Xx

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the final product. I do have a penchant for crocheted dolls ( actually..anything crochet) What a great find as well. I will head over to that link.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, I have just been over there, Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love her! She does look a bit spooky, but in the best way. Very clever, the doll joint idea--I'll try that next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi thanks for finding my blog and leading me to your fabulous blog! I so wish I could crochet, i will learn someday!! Looking forward to reading all your posts :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww what cute little face!!..

    really wish i could knit and crochet!

    charl
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doll is adorable already! Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway. Your blog has a lovely feel, I'm your newest follower.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so leave a comment or ask a question and l'll reply to you right here.
Have a fab day.
Sarah Xx