Saturday 16 March 2013

Crochet a bracelet

After making my huge knitted floor cushion, I was left with a few odds and ends of Hooplayarn.

 

 

It seemed perfect for making jewellery, so I thought I'd have a go at a bracelet of sorts. With some beads.

 

Pretty, huh?

 

This was so unbelievably easy to make, and all you need to be able to do is crochet a chain.

Yep, seriously that is all.

 

 

 

Here's what to do:

Gather supplies.

  • You'll need what ever yarn you have to spare and a hook to match.

I used Hooplayarn and a 15mm hook.

  • Beads of choice.

I had bought these glass beads verrrrry cheaply on eBay. Find similar here.

 

Ok.

To start, you'll need to cut a length of yarn. This will depend on how many times you want your chain to wrap around your wrist. Try starting with a metre, this should give you plenty.

 

Next, thread the beads onto one end. I used 15 beads here, but you might need more or less, depending on sizes. (you can always add more)

 

 

With the other end of the yarn, make a slip knot and put it on yer hook.

Right, this is soooo easy.

Pull your first bead right up to your hook, nice and snug.

 

 

Now make a chain stitch (yarn over, pull up a loop).

You have crocheted a bead.

 

 

Repeat with the next bead and the next until you have a length you're happy with.

 

 

 

Knot the end and tie both ends together.

 

 

 

Bracelet made.

 

 

 

This would work with all sorts of yarn and beads. Make it longer and you'd have a well-lush necklace, too.

 

 

 

See ya

X

 

16 comments:

  1. Great idea. My daughter always wants to 'make' something but has not progressed from making a chain yet. This could be a project for us to do together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is simple and amazing!!!!
    thank you for sharing this beauty!!!!
    happy weekend, xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea! Ik make beads from polymer clay, I can use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ESTE MATERIAL DE ALGODON HACE AÑOS SE HACIAN ZAPATILLAS.
    AHORA MIL COSAS.
    MI HIJA ESTA EMPEZANDO Y LE ENCANTA.
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice idea, and so quick, perfect for all the times I decide to make a present for someone an hour before they are due to arrive. Love the floor cushion on the previous post, fab, I haven't done needles as big as that, they look a bit cumbersome? I guess once you get into the swing though it makes up quickly.

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good idea! I have beads like that I just need some tshirt yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME tutorial! Thanks.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is lovely. have you tried crocheting with jewellery wire and beads? it is really easy and gives a lovely effect.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so effective! Love it!!! Thanks for sharing a tutorial - something else for the to-do list.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic idea- can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a good idea! I have a few off bits of hooplayarn left over from a basket I just made! Thanks for sharing! N

    ReplyDelete
  12. WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share and Great post,I really like your article and nice pic

    ReplyDelete
  13. super ! Pozdrawiam z Polski ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so leave a comment or ask a question and l'll reply to you right here.
Have a fab day.
Sarah Xx